The draft National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations 2017 were published on 1 February 2017 and have proposed to change the rates of the national minimum wage in accordance with recommendations from the Low Pay Commission. According to the draft regulations, the following hourly rates of national minimum wage will apply from 1 April 2017:
· The national living wage (workers aged 25 and over) is £7.50.
· The standard adult rate (workers aged between 21 and 24) is £7.05.
· The development rate (workers aged between 18 and 20) is £5.60.
· The young workers rate (workers aged under 18 but above the compulsory school age who are not apprentices) is £4.05.
· The rate for apprentices is £3.50.
From 1 April 2017, the accommodation offset will be £6.40 each day.